Help build brighter tomorrows for children today by becoming a CHS volunteer! CHS welcomes your passion and enthusiasm to help children and families in need through your service and skills.
Here are some ways you can get involved:
Direct Assistance to Clients
- Telephone assistance contacting and coordinating with parents and child care providers
- Assist with parent and child care provider workshops; for example, be a guest presenter
- Tutor parents and children on topics such as literacy, computer training, etc.
- Be a family and provider navigator. Help a family or person in need navigate the system and access to available resources
- Assist with holiday parties and special events
- Outreach and Awareness – promote CHS at local events/fairs
- Community Closet – pick up and sort donations; help operate available hours
- Fundraising – sponsor events; solicit in-kind donations
Corporate Collaborations/Civic Groups
- Fundraising (underwrite/sponsor events; in-house fund drives, etc.)
- Offer professional services and expertise
- Provide speakers/educators
- Assist with special projects or bulk mailings (copying, stuffing envelopes, sorting, etc.)
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer with CHS, please refer to the instructions below:
- Complete and submit a CHS Volunteer Application.
- When an appropriate volunteer opportunity is available, you will be contacted for an interview with the CHS Volunteer Coordinator or appropriate department/program staff. If no appropriate opening is available when your application is received, we will keep your application on file.
- The CHS Volunteer Coordinator or appropriate department/program staff will contact you to schedule an orientation to attend before beginning your volunteer position.
If you are applying for a direct service position, the following is also required:
- You must complete a background check, including a fingerprint clearance.
- You must have up-to-date vaccinations, including tuberculosis and other infectious diseases.
As volunteer opportunities become available, our Volunteer Opportunity Descriptions will be posted here. For more information or to connect with our Volunteer Program, please call (213) 240-5900 or email us at email@example.com.